Golden Chicory, powder, coffee substitute,
Chicory powder with added turmeric, Ceylon cinnamon, ginger and black pepper - a natural substitute for coffee. Caffeine Free. Suitable for the whole family.
- 100% natural product
- Natural coffee substitute
- Caffeine Free
- Suitable for the whole family
Chicory is a perennial plant that is found all over the world and especially in areas with mild and temperate climates. It became popular in ancient times with its therapeutic effect. The Egyptians used it to treat liver and gallbladder problems. They consumed chicory in large quantities because they knew that it purified the blood and removed toxins from the liver.
Chicory contains the polysaccharide inulin, fructose, glycoside intibin (giving the characteristic bitter taste of the drink).
The list of useful substances is long: vitamins (B1, B2, PP, C), choline, proteins, pectin, tannins, organic acids, carotenes, minerals and trace elements (Na, Ca, Mg, K, Fe, P).
Chicory powder as a coffee substitute
Nowadays, we can often meet people who love coffee, but can not accept it for various health reasons. The solution is extremely easy - we replace coffee with its natural substitute - Chicory powder.
Chicory coffee is a drink that is prepared from the roots of the plant as they are roasted and ground. Chicory coffee has a similar taste to regular coffee, and people often describe it as slightly woody or walnut. Chicory can be used alone or in combination with coffee to complement its taste. Chicory coffee does not contain caffeine!
The warm drink of chicory powder has a tonic effect in a state of constant fatigue, improves mental abilities and increases concentration.
Chicory is an excellent source of vitamins and minerals, including zinc, magnesium, manganese, calcium, iron, potassium, as well as vitamins A, B6, C, E and K. The content of these substances explains all the health benefits of chicory.
Chicory roots are an excellent source of inulin - a type of prebiotic fiber that is often associated with weight loss and improving intestinal health. Inulin is also a valuable helper in combating a number of intestinal and digestive problems - acid reflux, indigestion and more.
Improves heart function
Inulin extracted from chicory roots is not only good for digestion, but has been shown to reduce the levels of bad cholesterol in the body. This cholesterol is one of the main causes of atherosclerosis and high blood pressure because it blocks blood flow to the arteries and veins. Chicory also contains plant phenols, which have antithrombotic and antiarrhythmic effects. Plant phenols are antioxidants that improve the balance of blood and plasma.
Chicory roots are an excellent source of oligofructose. The combination of this substance with inulin encourages the body to start fighting excess weight. These two substances regulate the levels of ghrelin - an amino acid that is mainly associated with the feeling of hunger. By reducing the amount of grillin, chicory reduces the possibility of overeating and promotes a feeling of satiety.
- Turmeric is a component in healing recipes much suffering - they rely on the high content of curcumin, a powerful antioxidant and component of anti-age, anti-inflammatory and antiseptic effect.
- The products of turmeric are used primarily for anti-inflammatory activity of curcumin. Operate successfully in problems with bile and digestive disorders; soothe the intestinal peristalsis and excessive flatulence in the intestines. Assist in balancing the digestion and absorption of food components.
- Pharmaceutical studies have shown that cinnamon has a general strengthening the immune system feature helps to lower blood sugar, which is recommended for people suffering from diabetes, stimulates appetite, promotes digestion and has a tonic effect.
- Several grams of cinnamon in food normalize blood sugar levels and can help prevent cardiovascular diseases. Those who daily consume this spice have significantly better blood sugar level.
- Cinnamon is a good source of manganese, fiber, iron, calcium.
- Ginger is a powerful antioxidant that is commonly used in various types of inflammation, including rheumatoid arthritis. Its roots contain ginger-gels that play an important role in the treatment of osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
- Ginger is also effective in the treatment of a number of gastrointestinal problems, especially for the prevention of nausea and vomiting, including chemotherapy. It also helps to relieve various origins of stomach and intestinal disorders.
- Black pepper helps digestion and slimming, relieves swollen stomach and gas, promotes metabolism, and has recently uncovered effect on the brain.
- Since black pepper helps improve nutrient assimilation means that even more modest amounts of food will satisfy the body's needs as long as they are properly selected. It causes sweating and urination, which is a good way for the body to get rid of excess water and toxins. Also, piperine predisposes to degradation of fat cells. These effects make it very suitable for diets and sports to control weight.
powdered chicory roots, turmeric powder, Ceylon cinnamon powder, ginger powder, black pepper powder.
Gluten Free! No added sugar! Caffeine Free!
Nutritional values per 100 g:
Energy: 56 kcal / 234 kj
Fat: 0.18 g
of which saturated: 0 g
Carbohydrates: 14.3 g
of which sugars: 6.9 g
Protein: 1.9 g
Method of preparation
As a coffee substitute - pour 1 to 3 tsp of the product with 150-200 ml boiling water. Stir well. It can be sweetened with a natural sweetener such as erythritol, stevia, original Canadian maple syrup and other.
Golden Chicory can be used to make healthy, Turkish coffee.
You can increase the amount of product to make the drink of your choice. The more Golden Chicory you use, the more the taste of the drink will become thicker and stronger. You can replace the water when making the drink with hot milk or a vegan alternative - nut milk.
Chicory coffee is suitable for diabetics.
Origin of chicory: India
Origin of turmeric: India
Origin of ginger: India
Origin of Ceylon cinnamon: Sri Lanka
Origin of black pepper: Brazil
"Golden Chicory" is packed according to the recipe of "Zdravnitza" in Bulgaria.
Packing: 100 g
Ingredients:смлени на прах корени от цикория, куркума на прах, цейлонска канела на пра, джинджифил на прах, черен пипер на прах. Не съдържа глутен! Без добавена захар! Не съдържа кофеин!
PRICE FOR DELIVERY
- The delivery price is calculated automatically according to the current Speedy tariff.
- Free Delivery for Orders Over 60 BGN
- The products ordered by you are paid by cash on delivery.
- Online orders are accepted every day. They are executed during working days from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm from Monday to Friday.
- The delivery of the ordered goods is made by Speedy's courier services at a user-specified address and at his expense, unless it is free of charge.
- Deliveries are made only on the territory of Republic of Bulgaria. The delivery price for Bulgaria is listed in the table below and depends on whether you want a delivery to your door or you will get your own shipment from an office of Speedy courier. If there is no Speedy office in your settlement, you have to choose delivery to your door. If you live in a large city, please specify from which Speedy office you want to take your shipment in the delivery notes.
- All prices include VAT and are in Bulgarian Leva / BGN /.
- If you want to receive your order from our office in Sofia city (32 Ami Bue Street, Working hours: Monday to Friday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm), delivery price will not be paid. From our office, you can pick up your order the same day you make it upon request. Shipments which are not picked up from the courier offices for more than 10 days, we consider refused orders.
- Orders are executed within 3 business days, depending on the place of delivery.
- Speedy offices can be found here.