Date: 17 Feb 2023
Triphala means literally three fruits. The reason why is because It consists of the fruits of the following plants: Emblica officinalis (Amla), Terminalia bellerica (Bibitaki), and Terminalia chebula (Haritaki) and is widely used for improving digestion, absorption of nutrients, cleansing the body of impurities and rejuvenating therapies.
- Emblica officinalis: Also known as Amla or Indian Gooseberry ) is rich in antioxidants, amino acids, phenols, tannins, filembelic acid, curcuminoids and emblicol. This fruit supports the immune system, digestion and the removal of toxins from the body, controlling cholesterol levels.
- Terminalia bellerica (Bibitaki) has a laxative effect. Triphala is therefore used as a mild laxative. In addition, Bibitaki purifies the blood, lymph, muscles and fat tissues in the body. It has antioxidant, antimicrobial and hepatoprotective effects.
- Terminalia chebula (Haritaki) is rich in antioxidants, amino acids, magnesium, flavonoids, vitamins K and C. It is characterized by antioxidant, antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, hepatoprotective properties, as well as the action to support intestinal movement.
The synergistic action of the herbs included in the composition of Triphala leads to an increase in the beneficial, beneficial effect for health.
Benefits of taking Triphala
- Regenerating properties: This is one of the best 'rasayana' formulas. Rejuvenating herbs are called "rasayana" in Sanskrit, which means something that goes into the essence of our tissues and revives them from within. The three ingredients of Triphala are 'rasayana'.
- Laxative action: Triphala is a common remedy for constipation. Helps to soften the consistency of intestinal contents and easier evacuation. It is especially important that it does not lead to habituation.
- Digestive tract: Triphala improves the absorption of nutrients, cleanses the digestive tract, especially the intestines, helps to empty the colon more easily and aids in the elimination of toxins. Regular intake reduces the feeling of heaviness in the abdomen.
- Losing weight: Triphala also has a beneficial effect on fat metabolism. Regular intake of Triphala increases fat burning by improving metabolism in the body. If Trikatu is added, this result is even more pronounced.
- Triphala helps maintain normal cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
- Triphala contains several powerful antioxidants that increase the body's defenses. There are substances such as flavonoids, polyphenols, tannins and saponins that may help fight against oxidative stress and prevent various diseases.