Date: 01 Mar 2019
With unhealthy lifestyles and decreased physical activity dominating the young generation, a growing instance of male infertility is being diagnosed. While at earlier times, infertility or difficulty in conceiving was usually considered to be a female concern, studies are now finding that male infertility is responsible in almost 50% of the cases.
For a young couple planning on starting a family, this concern can be devastating. However, the great news is that in most cases, lifestyle modifications and natural supplements can restore sexual health and boost fertility.
Common causes of male infertility
- Unhealthy habits: Consumption of excess alcohol, junk food or tobacco have all been linked to male infertility and poor sexual health.
- Obesity: Excess weight gain can reduce libido as well as decrease sperm motility thus impacting fertility.
- Illness and medicine overdose: A chronic illnesses like kidney disease and diabetes along with excessive consumption of prescription drugs can also cause infertility.
- Environmental toxins: Overexposure to harmful toxins in the environment can impact sexual health by reducing libido, decreasing sperm count and resulting in infertility.
- Stress: High levels of stress can have a massive impact on sexual health such as sexual dysfunction, decreased libido and poor sperm count.
Treating infertility naturally
While male infertility has become a common concern, there are several herbs and other natural solutions that can help restore sexual health. Often individuals are tempted to pop some pills in the hopes of a quick result but that is seldom the case. Commercial medicines are mostly ineffective while also consisting of harsh chemicals that can further damage the body in the long run. To boost fertility naturally, one can opt for several herbs such as:
Emblica officinalis (Amalaki, Amla or Indian gooseberry)
Emblica officinalis is a rich source of antioxidants and other health benefits. The extracts of this fruit help reduce the oxidative stress and protect the sperm from the free radical and toxin related damage.
Tribulus terrestris (Gokshur or Bindii)
A popular aphrodisiac in ancient medicine, Tribulus terrestris enhances the level of testosterone which plays an important role in sperm formation. This herb helps restore sexual health by boosting libido and sperm motility.
Chlorophytum arundinaceum (Safed Musli)
This herb is an ideal solution for male sexual health concerns due to its restorative and rejuvenating properties. It also acts as an antioxidant and protects the sperm against damage from free radicals. In addition, it is also a popular aphrodisiac known to boost sexual libido in men.
A combination of these herbs in the right proportion can restore fertility and sexual health naturally in men. ADIZOA of Charak Pharma is a combination of these herbs. ADIZOA boosts sperm formation while restoring hormonal balance in men. It also helps to improve and maintain the functional competence of sperm by enhancing the structural and functional integrity of sperm. As this supplement is devoid of typical harsh chemicals, it is safe for anyone to consume. In addition, it is non-addictive and non-habit forming ensuring that with the help of healthy lifestyle, men can restore their reproductive health and maintain it that way.
Lifestyle tips for male fertility
- Maintain a healthy weight and BMI to promote a healthy sperm count.
- Avoid excess consumption of alcohol and tobacco as they can affect testosterone levels and sperm health.
- Avoid stress and inculcate a healthy exercise regime for good overall health.