Nature's prime antioxidant
Amalaki (Indian Gooseberry/Emblica officinalis ) has been revered for its medicinal benefits for more than 3,000 years. According to the Ayurvedic text Charaka Samhita, ‘Amalaki is peerless amongst rejuvenating drugs.’ It is worshipped as an auspicious fruit form and respected as a symbol of good health.
The fruit is an important source of vitamin C, minerals and amino acids. The edible fruit contains three times the protein and vitamin C (ascorbic acid) concentration than apple. It has the highest content of vitamin C of any naturally occurring substance.
Researchers at the Institute of Natural Medicine, University of Toyama, Japan, called Amalaki a very useful antioxidant to support normal oxidative stress levels during the body's natural aging process.
Amalaki, a medium-sized deciduous tree with gray bark and reddish wood, successfully grows in variable agroclimatic and soil conditions. The tree is found on the plains and submountain regions all over India and the Asian subcontinent.
Amalaki is highly nutritious and is an important dietary source of vitamin C, minerals and amino acids. The dominant active constituent of Amalaki is a group of tannins derived from gallic and ellagic acids, which make up a large portion of the extractable nonnutritive constituents. All of these constituents work together to enhance immunity, rejuvenate skin, combat premature aging and hyperacidity.
- Skin rejuvenation: As a rejuvenative herb, Amalaki nourishes tissues in the body and accelerates the cell regeneration process. With its powerful nourishing qualities, it helps maintain energy levels and natural vitality. It nourishes the skin and improves skin health.
- Premature aging: As a powerful antioxidant, Amalaki helps scavenge free radicals. Free radicals are unstable oxygen-based ions in the body that have been linked to premature aging.
- Immunomodulator: The herb helps in building the body’s immune system and provides resistance against many diseases, especially those of the respiratory tract.
- Liver care: Amalaki helps maintain the health and optimal functioning of the liver and protects the liver from cellular damage.
- Dyspepsia and hyperacidity: Amalaki is an excellent gastro-protective and soothes stomach ailments like hyperacidity.
- Cough, cold, sore throat and other respiratory tract infections
- Premature aging
- Repeated episodes of respiratory infections
- Dyspepsia and hyperacidity
- Skin disorders
One capsule, twice a day or as directed by your physician
Each capsule contains 250mg extract of Amalaki